Week 7 of the Know Your First Year Connections Peer Mentor spotlight is here! Today’s post features Alice Leeder, a second year Peer Mentor from the Trafalgar Campus! She is going to shed some light on the things she loves most about being a Peer Mentor!
- What program are you in?
Bachelor of Game Design
- What is the best part about being a Peer Mentor?
I love how being a Peer Mentor keeps me connected to the Sheridan Community
- Give us a fun fact about yourself.
I have read the book Enders Game 16 times!
- Why did you decide to become a Peer Mentor?
I became a Peer Mentor because my Peer Mentor helped me out a lot in my first year and I wanted to pay it forward!
- What was your first year like?
My first year was lacking. I was not very social, and I only came to school to go to classes, but once I started to get involved on campus, my Sheridan career really started to come alive.
- What advice would you give to your first year self?
Dear first year me, spend more time connecting with students who share your interests!