So, picture this. You’re in the Business Administration – Marketing program (or any program), and you’re not sure if you want to become a marketing coordinator, or a social media manager, or a sales representative… Or maybe you want to go on to get your undergrad degree, heck, maybe even a masters? Can you get a PhD in marketing? Wait, maybe I don’t even want to go into marketing. I’ve always thought that I’d make a great Software Engineer. 🤔
If this sounds like you, it’s time to take a trip to the career counsellor. The career counsellors on campus can help you with:
- Career testing & assessment.
- Exploring career options, finding direction.
- Research & evaluation of career alternatives, setting career goals.
- Labour market information, outlooks & future trends.
- Planning further education (university, college programs, transfer agreements, apprenticeships, etc.).
Appointments are typically a half hour in length, and can be booked in the Centre for Student Success (Trafalgar: B104, Davis: B230, HMC: A247). The sooner you book, the sooner that you can start taking the right steps on your career path whether that be looking for an internship, or filling out a university application.
Hopefully this gives you some direction on… where to find direction. ↗️
All the best!
We are already in week 6 of our classes. I know everyone is getting busy with lots and lots of assignments, tests, quizzes, group projects… and how can I forget about the upcoming mid-terms! Despite all of the course load, many of us are also working part-time. Of course, all these things form an integral part of our everyday college routine, but is this what student life is all about??? Or, do we have some super powers that will help us to cope with all the stress? Yes, we do have some super powers that make our student life fun and amazing! I have listed my top three below:
- Determination: I keep myself determined, no matter what the circumstances are, I try my hardest to extract the best out of any situation because I believe no victory is possible without determination!
- Friends: My friends are the stars that make my student life glitter. They provide me with help and support when I need it the most.
- Social connections: I know if you have friends, you’re a social person, but what I mean by social connections is the networking that you build when you step outside of your comfort zone. I strengthened my networking by ‘getting involved’. Sheridan provides tons of options to get involved on-campus either by joining clubs, through volunteer activities, or by participating in campus-wide events.
Be creative, be yourself!
Let me know about your top three super powers that make your student life happy and bright!
Trust me, you would always cherish these wonderful days spent at Sheridan, so discover Sheridan! Discover yourself and apply your creative knowledge to build a life you would never want a vacation from!
If you are looking for a great job on campus and you think you would make a good peer mentor, we have great news!
Peer mentor applications for next year are now open!
You can go here for lots more information and answers to FAQ’s, but here are two quick things to note:
- You have to be going into your 2nd year at Sheridan
- You need a GPA of 3.0 or higher
The application deadline is February 17th so, if you qualify, go ahead and apply! It’s a great job.